600g Jerusalem artichokes
200g Spanish onions
50g Unsalted butter
200g Red potatoes
5g Sea Salt
50ml Olive Oil
500ml Veg stock
A healthy pinch of white pepper
1. Add half of the oil and all of the butter to a pan. Cook the finely sliced onions and garlic and cook down until translucent.
2. Meanwhile, lightly oil and salt the peeled artichokes. Cut whole bulb of garlic across middle and add to baking tray with artichokes. Roast
at 200C for 20 mins or until starting to caramelise.
3. Add celery, leek and thyme to onions and cook down.
4. Add roasted artichokes. Squeeze out garlic flesh and add to pan, Add milk, stock and chopped potato. Cover and bring to simmer for 10
mins until the potato is cooked. Everything should be cooked through.
5. Take off heat and let stand until warm. Season.
6. Blitz until silky smooth
7. Serve garnished with a green herb oil.